Got any of these links to
download the beta version (Netscape versions are about 800K, the
Internet Explorer version is about 1200K):
Place the attached file into a new directory (for example:
"Crescendo Install Files"). Double click on the file to
launch the Crescendo install program. After installation, a
readme file with additional instructions will appear.
Summary of new features and changes:
- New for Beta 2 - Crescendo version 3.0 is now
available for the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer!
- New for Beta 2 - The Crescendo floating window now
contains a menubar.
- New for Beta 2 - An option has been added to the
Crescendo floating window called "Always On
Top", which will keeps your Crescendo window from
being hidden. (No more wondering where the Crescendo
- New for Beta 2 - An option to allow or disable
auto-detaching has been added to Crescendo.
- New for Beta 2 - "Hooks" were added to
allow a software wavetable synthesizer to plug into
Crescendo - look for a new software synthesizer from
LiveUpdate soon! (Get ready for higher quality
- New for Beta 2 - Several bugs were fixed,
including problems related to tempo changes (thanks to
your feedback and bug reports!)
- Crescendo now includes a "Detach" function,
which opens a new window for Crescendo and allows the
music to continue even after you leave a page containing
embedded music. This allows follow-around sound on all
- Crescendo now automatically detaches and floats in a
separate window whenever a non-embedded MIDI file is
loaded. Prior to Crescendo version 3.0, the Crescendo
player would appear in the center of a blank page in this
case. (No more looking at blank white pages!)
- A "Stop All" menu function has been added,
which will stop all running instances of Crescendo.
(Netscape version 3.0 or greater only.) Now you can
build an interactive music web site using Crescendo!
- Hooks have been included for future add-in modules (including
live MIDI performance - stay tuned!)
Known problems in Crescendo version 3.0 Beta 1 - Fixed in Beta 2
- In some cases, both the detached Crescendo player and the
embedded Crescendo will display "Waiting for MIDI
Device" while another song is playing in the
background. To clear this state, use the "Stop
All" menu function. Fixed in Beta 2.
another detached Crescendo window will be created. Fixed
in Beta 2.
Questions or comments about this
web site, send mail to
© Gary's Music 1999.